Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kitchen Kitchen Kitchen

Now that the holidays are over, I'm trying to get back in the swing of homey things. Next on my list is the kitchen. I don't think I've posted a photo of this most beautiful part of our home. Brace yourself.


Don't stare too long. It will eat your soul. I look at that photo and wonder what kind of crazy I am for buying this kitchen! Well, the walls and trim have been painted since that photo, which makes a big difference. But we've still got a ways to go. The tricky thing is that this update will just be temporary (we want to do a full renovation in a year or two), and our budget is super duper modest. So I've been working on putting together a bare-minimum plan that will possibly work out well. Here's an idea of what I have in mind.


Yay Photoshop! This rendering gives me hope that I won't hate myself every time I walk into my kitchen!! However, like I said, the only progress we've made so far is painting the walls and trim. Here's a list of what we still need to get there:

- Painted cabinets
- Plywood countertop
- 3form panels as backsplash
- DIY linen roller shades for windows and door
- Grout renew for floor
- Cleaned and painted oven hood
- New light fixtures
- Rods for hanging utensils

My current goal is to have the cabinets and countertop finished by the end of the month. We're going to do it!

No comments: